On January 8th and February 12th we are partnering with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources to put on our 4th annual trail running series at Alum Creek State Park. Just like in the past you have the option to sign up for 2 event dates and a WIDE variety of distances, on the only trail in Ohio built for runners, by runners, the Rocks and Roots Trail at Alum Creek!
Registration for the 2017 Rocks and Roots Winter Trail Series is now open! Registration sells out every year, so register now!
What – 10K, 20K, 30K 40K & 50K Trail Racing Series (Oh, and did we mention we have a 50 Miler for the February race date?!)
When – Sunday, January 8th and Sunday, February 12th. Both races start at 8:00 am. Again this year we are starting the race in waves. Wave start times listed below.
- 50K/40K/30K Start – 8:00am
- 20K Start – 8:15am
- 10K Start – 8:30am
- 50 Mile (Feb. 12th only) – 6:00am – Headlamp required,
Where: Rocks and Roots Trail at Alum Creek State Park. The start of the race is located just off of Hollenback Rd and just south of the dog park(3993 Hollenback Rd Lewis Center, OH 43035). Watch for yellow Fleet Feet arrows pointing you in the right direction!
The Central Ohio Trail Running Community continues to grow and we are excited to provide you with the resources our trail community needs! Join the Rocks and Roots Trail Runners Association for training runs and trail works days as we ramp up for the annual Rocks and Roots Trail Series!
We are looking for volunteers! If you would like to volunteer for the 2017 series please click here!
- Trail Running Package!
- 1 hooded sweatshirt (unisex/mens sizing)
- 1 Amphipod Handheld Hydration Bottle
- 1 Pair Balega Socks, 2 gels/bars from CLIF!
- (Trail Running Package is limited to the first 300 who register for the entire series)
- 5 distances to choose from
- 2 unique event shirts (gender specific sizing)
- Finisher Medals to all participants.
- Belt Buckle to double 50K finishers, and 50K/50M finishers
Not sure you can commit to both races? You have the option to sign up for each event individually! But, you don’t get the Trail Running Package😦
- $105 – Through September 30
- $115 – October 1 through November 30 – If not already sold out!
- $125 – December 1 through December 31 – If not already sold out!
- $135 – January 1 through Race Day – If not already sold out!
Cost: Individual Events (Shirt/Medal Only, Trail Package NOT included)
- $50 – Through September 30
- $55 – October 1 through November 30 – If not already sold out!
- $60 – December through December 31 – If not already sold out!
- $65 – January 1 through Race Day – If not already sold out!
Athlete Tracking! Like last year, you can track your athletes, or have your own updates posted to your social media outlet of choice! Click here for athlete tracking!
Please note: The Rocks and Roots Trail Series has a NO REFUND and NO BIB TRANSFER policy for all events.
The Course: The Rocks & Roots Trail Series is aptly named as there are a LOT of rocks and roots. You will encounter stream crossings. Rocks & Roots are likely to be covered by leaves, snow, and or mud! See map below!
There will be at least one water crossing depending on course conditions! Please walk and run only on marked trails. Running off trail, including just off to the side of the worn path, damages the ecosystem, and causes unrepairable damage to the trail.
The course is comprised of two 10K loops held primarily on single track trail. Runners will run the north and south loops in a figure 8. 1st loop runs to the North loop and is run clockwise, 2nd loop is run south and is run counter-clockwise. Repeat as necessary! Loops are repeated as necessary based on selected race distance.
Aid Stations: Aid stations will be located at the 10K loop start/finish, at 2.55 miles, and around 8.5 miles. Aid stations will be stocked with water, Gatorade, Clif Shots, Clif Bloks, and other delicious treats as determined by our amazing core of volunteers! And of course, we will have our world famous chilli waiting for you at the finish line… or before you start each 10K loop if you’re brave enough😉
Cut-Off Time: The course closes @ 4:00pm (8 hour limit – 15:27 pace for 50K). All 50K participants must begin their final lap before 2:25pm. 50 Mile cutoff is 8:00pm for February 12, 2017. Last lap for 50 Milers only must be started by 6:25pm.
Packet Pickup: Two separate packet pickup dates for each event.
- January 8th event – January 5-7th at Fleet Feet Sports
- February 5th event – February 9-11th at Fleet Feet Sports
- Race day – Starting at 6:30 a.m. No trail running package pickup. Shirt and bib pickup only!
Parking: Parking can be found in the lots surrounding the start/finish area.
Training Runs: Join our Rocks & Roots Trail Runners for fun, FREE group runs at EVERY Thursday night at the Rocks and Roots Trail! You’ll get a chance to preview the course as well as check out the new sections as we are building them! Click here for dates and locations!
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
Sponsors: If you are interested in being a sponsor please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org